Taylor vs Blue Devil CYA testing

jtpipkin

Bronze Supporter
Oct 2, 2016
albany, ga
About year ago, I ordered the Blue Devil CYA test. I'd read it was much easier, and to me, it is. I don't remember comparing the two, I just switched over to the blue devil. This year, I compared the two. Taylor says 60 and Blue Devil says 100. I figured testing error even though both are repeatable until you're consistently comfortable. Ran the tests again last night and got the same results from both - taylor 60 / blue devil 100. I know the BD loses accuracy over 60, but any ideas as to why the wide difference?

jt,

I have been using the Pentair CYA sliding dot test for several years.. As far as I know it is identical with the Blue Devil...

I don't remember there being a huge difference between the the CYA test that came with my TF-100... But it has been a long time since I have used the TF-100 CYA test..

To be honest, when I run the test I'm just looking to make sure my CYA is above 60 and less than 100... so the sliding dot tester works great for me.

Sorry to be of no help with your specific question..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.