Taylor test kit in Alberta Canada

Bosley

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2018
Edmonton, alberta
For those of you in Western Canada, I spoke with Lawry`s and their distributors in western Canada are:
Pinnacle Aqua - 403-453-1944
CLM - 403-250-2494
Both located in Calgary

I have spent more hours in the last few weeks trying first to get a TFT100 kit then trying to save a few bucks on the Taylor kit than I would care to mention. Hopefully this will save someone some headaches. If anyone else knows of distributors please add it to this list and perhaps @Leebo could make this a sticky?

Cheers

Reactions: Chickinvic
well heres an update. Tried ordering a Taylor k-2006C from CLM. Placed the order and they called me a few days later to let me know it has been picked and they were ready to ship. Just needed payment. $650!!!!! they said they have a smaller kit for $250. Guess i will be using old regents off Amazon. I will not pay those prices.

• Wow
Reactions: Chickinvic
This has been mentioned as a possibility by other members from Canada.

well heres an update. Tried ordering a Taylor k-2006C from CLM. Placed the order and they called me a few days later to let me know it has been picked and they were ready to ship. Just needed payment. $650!!!!! they said they have a smaller kit for $250. Guess i will be using old regents off Amazon. I will not pay those prices.
Yep and even if you do order it from the states and get a us address it’s still almost the triple the price by the time you get it

My understanding was they drove it across the border and then mailed it to you -- but I may be wrong.

Have a sister that visits Colorado quite often from Vancouver. She was gonna put it in her carry on and bring it back for me. Tried having a TFT kit sent to her but after 3 shipping attempts (long story) we finally cancelled the order.

Hello fellow Canadian pool owners,

Are you desperately looking for Taylor kits at a reasonable price in Canada?

Found the K-2006C on Amazon.ca for $150, including free shipping:
Seller listed as "Layger" with a 93% positive rating over the last year out of 17k+ seller reviews
Product reviews
for the kit are 80% 5-star, 15% 4-star, 5% 3-star. Sounds reassuring re quality of the reagents.

There are 2 other sellers of the above K-2006C kit, at a slightly higher price, but also with free shipping:
$166 - Seller listed as "DC Trade" with a 95% positive rating over the last year out of 17k+ seller reviews
$172 - Seller listed as "Sunshade King" with a 94% positive rating over the last year out of 124 seller reviews
There are also other sellers at much higher prices.

Another vendor offers the K-2006C kit with the Speedstir bundled in for an extra $40 ($129+$61 shipping):
Seller listed as "VM express" with a 92% positive rating over the last year out of 262 seller reviews
No product review for the kit with Speedstir so sounds too good to be true to me...

I have not ordered any of these yet so no idea how reputable the sellers are nor how fresh the reagents would be. If anyone decides to take the plunge and buy from these mystery sellers, please let us know how things work out.

Sgt Wilko

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why must it be so difficult here in Canada? I ordered my first TF-100 and had it sent up here to me via Reship with o problem (2 years ago), but this spring I ordered the refill kit and Reship wouldn't send it. Was such a hassle and I wasted my money buying it and it is still sitting at my Reship address for all I know. This is after I sent them the information sheets for every single reagent in the kit and jumped through all their hoops. They called it a "mixed hazardous shipment" and wanted to break it up into several shipments of a single reagent in each and send via UPS. ($$$$$) - and charge me their fee for each shipment of course. I don't want to spend several hundred dollars for a pool testing kit. Canadians are always getting screwed somehow.

Last edited:
Why must it be so difficult here in Canada? I ordered my first TF-100 and had it sent up here to me via Reship with o problem (2 years ago), but this spring I ordered the refill kit and Reship wouldn't send it. Was such a hassle and I wasted my money buying it and it is still sitting at my Reship address for all I know. This is after I sent them the information sheets for every single reagent in the kit and jumped through all their hoops. They called it a "mixed hazardous shipment" and wanted to break it up into several shipments of a single reagent in each and send via UPS. ($$$$$) - and charge me their fee for each shipment of course. I don't want to spend several hundred dollars for a pool testing kit. Canadians are always getting screwed somehow.

It is really bad for your package stuck somewhere. Where is this Reship business located? Can't you just take a beautiful car ride and pick it up by yourself? While in the US, fuel your car and save on gas also. And with the fees that carrier charges for administration and customs, it is probably cheaper doing it by your own anyway. For this kind of items there is no customs fees and if you are lucky at the border, you won't even have to pay taxes.

Myself I use Kinek and the closest location to me is a 50 minutes drive. I order online and set the shipping address to my Kinek address. When package is in, I plan a car ride and pick it up. Almost no questions asked at US or Canada borders. Quick and easy. For Ottawa, I think that Ogdensburg, New York might be the closest.

Really, when possible, I don't see why we would loose time to find a best price for this in Canada because I don't even think that there is a good price anyway. It is an illusion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.