Taylor Technology Borate Test Strios

Jun 15, 2019
San Antonio TX
Good evening
Has anyone used or had experience with the Taylor Borate Tese strips? Before going liquid, I would like something better than the other test strips. Taylor has always produced quality products, and I am leaning on using them. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you!

For borates, test strips are OK because you are looking for a ballpark figure and don't need anything super accurate. I imagine the Taylor test strips will suffice. I personally use the La Motte Insta Test borate strips.

Just don't use their other test strips in place of a real drop based testing kit. Borates, yes. Anything else, buy the K2006C or TF-100.

Vincent Fontenot
Hi, I am also using the La Motte Test Strips for Borates that I purchase from TFTestkits.net. They seem to work fine, although I can only assume that the liquid test method using Bromthymol Blue is probably more accurate and I may go that route in the future just for the "fun" of it. :) I use the TF-100 kit for all my other tests however, since the other test are a lot more critical than the Borate test is.
I keep my Borates at about 50ppm. When it clearly appears that Borates has dropped to 40ppm (which appears to take nearly a year due to filter backwash's), then I add the recommended amount of Boric Acid using Pool Math as a guide.
All-the-best...
r..

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.