Little Rock, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I bought the salt meter while waiting for the Taylor kit.
Today Taylor salt kit 2600
Electronic salt meter 2100. Supposedly pre calibrated.

which to trust?
I thought the Taylor kit has some deviation but 500 ppm?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 10
I bought the salt meter while waiting for the Taylor kit.
Today Taylor salt kit 2600
Electronic salt meter 2100. Supposedly pre calibrated.

which to trust?
I thought the Taylor kit has some deviation but 500 ppm?
For me, I rely on the salt meter. I was using Taylor and it kept telling me to add salt. Come to find out, mine was close to expiration and was inaccurate. I bought a 3000 ppm salt solution sample and calibrate my salt tester against that. My Taylor read that water at 2200.

I have both a salt meter and the chemical test. I actually use the salt reading on the SWG now. Neither the meter nor the chemical test are particularly accurate and the important thing is to make the SWG happy and efficient. If the SWG tells me it is happy and it is generating a consistent amount of Cl, that's good enough for me. The only time I use the tests is when the SWG tells me it is unhappy. If the test says the salt level is reasonable, I replace the salt/temp sensor on the SWG and all is good again. The salt can't be depleted other than through water leaks, splash out, or rain displacement; it's not like pH or Cl.

Thanks for all the replies.

I was surprised the Salt was not lower with the Taylor test. We just got a lot of rain. Had to increase my cya.
I’ll re check again tomorrow Before adding salt. My water is still clear and the Fc is fine.

My swg does not have a numerical read pit of salt level. Just a high salt warning.

I use the kit. My cell is happiest when my kit tells me I am between 2400 to 2800.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.