Taylor kits in Canada

Jun 24, 2017
Embrun, Ontario
Any other Canadians manage to buy any of the Taylor kits this year? I had ordered one from VMinnovations 2 years ago, but they're currently not shipping to Canada due to Covid. I've contacted Lowry and Associates a couple times and haven't heard anything back yet. Only things I'm finding are amazon with prices of 165$ for the K-2006 and Walmart.ca through a 3rd party seller which is VM innovations (so I'm not too confident it'll ever ship).

I have a ton of PH and Alkalinity reagents left, but they expired in August of 2019, so not sure how accurate they are. But that still leaves the Chlorine and CYA reagents. The CYA isn't a huge deal, it's essentially been 0 every start of season and barely fluctuates throughout the 3-4 months the pool is open.

I'd even settle for a k-1004 at this point. So if any fellow Canadians have had any luck in the last month and a half, let me know!

Reagents are good for at least 2 years. I would expect your August 2019 pH and TA tests to be fine for this season if they were stored indoors.

Good to know. All I really need is the K-1515 then. Even that's a pain to find. May just have to make due with what I got and what I can get for this year and hope I can find something next year.

I can get the k-1004 for 58$ shipped which I suppose is better than nothing for now.

I bought the Taylor k2006c via walmart.ca, which was actually vmexpress (some company as vminnovations). I got the kit the same week, they shipped quickly and all of the reagents are good (none expire until 2021)

You really want a DPD-FAS kit to test properly. The K-1004 is just a color matching test which doesn't go as high as the FC needs to be if you need to SLAM with any CYA in there to protect the chlorine. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time :(

Ya, I checked for the DPD-FAS kit on it's own and it's 85+tax, so almost 100$. The good thing with the winter here, the CYA is essentially 0 every spring when I open the pool. So shocking and opening the pool has never been an issue. It's usually a one time balance, shock, then maintain for the season until September/October. Obviously, the K-2006 made that incredibly easy. I got until Friday to think it over. I feel 145$ is steep for an expiring product. Especially when two years ago I paid 85$ for the K-2006. Least I have options now.

It is pretty steep for something you can use for 5 months. Maybe tough it out as best you can until you can jog over to the states for a pickup again?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are a lot of companies that now accept a shipment for you at a US address, then bring it across the border and then ship it to you at your Canadian address. I've been meaning to try one of them. Also, when I got the K-2006C from Walmart, it cost my 212$ (all taxed included). Now for some reason it's 50$ more.

I think for this year I'll go for the k-1004 and cya combo, hope my cya is 0, shock and just stay on top of maintaining my FC and pH a little more frequently. Then hope for some normalcy with the pandemic next year. Mostly my fault for waiting so long hah.

Ottawa pool works has all this stuff, I think they get it from Lowry, but avoiding the shipping makes it decent. They're the ones offering these prices I listed. Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited:
In the end Ottawa Pool Works has all the reagents individually in 60mL bottles. So for 55$ I got what I needed and I'll be able to alternate them every year for about this price. Definitely the way to go if you're in Ottawa.

Did you buy a K-2006 or did you just buy the reagents all individually? I've seen the K2006C on Newegg but it's about $250 CAD shipped to my door, wondering if I should just go to Ottawa Pool Works.

Could you do me a huge favour and list the items you purchased as well... I'm trying to catch up as quick as I can but I must admit my head is spinning a bit.

Did you buy a K-2006 or did you just buy the reagents all individually? I've seen the K2006C on Newegg but it's about $250 CAD shipped to my door, wondering if I should just go to Ottawa Pool Works.

Could you do me a huge favour and list the items you purchased as well... I'm trying to catch up as quick as I can but I must admit my head is spinning a bit.

250$ to your door sounds like a decent price to me. If you just buy a bunch of individual chemicals, you still will need vials (with the measurements and pH scale) and what not. Octavarium mentioned in the first post in the thread that he/she had already got a kit 2 years ago, I suspect they just refilled a few expired chemicals.

Reactions: Barqers
250$ to your door sounds like a decent price to me. If you just buy a bunch of individual chemicals, you still will need vials (with the measurements and pH scale) and what not. Octavarium mentioned in the first post in the thread that he/she had already got a kit 2 years ago, I suspect they just refilled a few expired chemicals.

I ended up ordering it and got it yesterday. It was the K-2006C, $252CAD taxes duties and shipping in.

Not bad, now to find some muriatic acid, borax, baking soda, and a bunch of chemicals :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.