Taylor kit Help/difference

Apr 30, 2012
Illinois
I ordered the taylor complete (low 2105) test kit. I didn't realize it was not the one suggested taylor complete (High-2005)until after purchase. What's the difference? I still should be able to test with this one right?

Compare the contents of the kit you purchased to the recommended kits -- Pool School - Test Kits Compared

I would suspect at a minimum you will need to purchase the FAS-DPD test for FC. Go to TFTestkits.net to purchase that. It is the powder/reagent test for FC.

Take care.

What you have is a GOOD test kit. The only thing it is missing is the ability to titrate the chlorine sample in order to count drops and get a more accurate read. All you would need to add is the K-1515 kit - Welcome to Taylor Technologies

The R-0001/R-0002 reagents still measure chlorine using DPD, but it is a color matching test and the comparator block that comes with it is the #9057 block which is only a low-range (FC up to 2.5ppm) test. You could then purchase a #9056 hi-range comparator block and be fine. See here - Welcome to Taylor Technologies

With all of that, you should have enough to "stuff" to get going. I would also suggest you get a SpeedStir - Welcome to Taylor Technologies as it makes testing A LOT easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and by the way, I use the R-0001/R-0002 FC testing reagents a lot for quick spot testing. It's a bit easier than breaking out all the vials, speed stirs and glassware needed to do the titration test (R-0870 powder + R-0871 titrant). For a quick check of chlorine levels, the R-0001/R-0002 is much easier to use.

Well the kit covers all the same tests as the 2005. Same as recommended That's y I got confused. I just didn't know what the difference was in low and high tests and there wasn't anything I could find about it.
Tests for:
Free & Total Chlorine - 0.25-2.5 ppm
Bromine - .5-5 ppm
pH - 6.8 - 8.2
Acid Demand / Base Demand
Calcium Hardness
Total Alkalinity
Cyanuric Acid

Taylor Test Kit K-2105

Ok awesome thanks. I thought it was the right kit but hey after adding in the other block I'm still only in 20 bucks. So not bad and I'm in a dinky pool at the moment. Making sure the kiddos wI'll use it before going to large again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.