Taylor K-2006 test kit 5 years old. pH color visual scale MIGHT have changed??

terryking

Bronze Supporter
Dec 19, 2012
West Topsham, Vermont USA
Hi Everyone, THANKS for all the great information over last 10 years.

I have a Taylor K-2006 kit. Works fine for usual fC etc. But I am questioning the pH color scale on the plastic test tubes. It seems to me that the colors for 7.6, 7.8 and 8.0 are almost identical. And the 7.0 may be more yellow than I recall. Granted that my color memory over 5+ years is not reliable.

Has anyone seen this kind of effect?? Can the test color scale be replaced separately?
Are there any simple pH-only color tests available?
I have good test strips and there is some correlation, but if I'm aiming at 7.7 I have difficulty seeing differences.

No ACTUAL Pool problems! CYA / Borate / automatic twice-daily chlorine injection, perfectly clear to 7 feet, never any algae. THANKS to TFP for that!

Any comments / suggestions appreciated...

If you test out in the sun, that tube has had some exposure over 5 years and I think it might be worth replacing it. The Taylor K-1000 gives you a nice comparator block for both pH and OTO chlorine and is around 12 bucks, I think.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.