Taylor Drop Tests

PullJunkie

Oct 7, 2018
PA
When doing the Taylor drop tests for things like TA and CH, do you stop the drops on the last drop that changes the color? or do you keep going for a more "darker" color? For example when testing TA, do you stop when it changes from green to "red" even though it's more of a pink then a red. Or do you keep going for a real "red"? Same for CH, do you stop immediately when it changes from red to "blue"? Because its more of a purple color then a true blue.

I don't do the CH test very often but my understanding is you stop when the color is consistent and subtract the last drop. For example, testing TA, color goes to light pink. Add drop-color changes to dark pink, add drop-color changes to red, add drop color does not change. Subtract last drop from the count.

When testing, keep going until it stops changing.
For the TA test for me it usually goes green>green>grey back to green>grey>pink back to grey> pale pink> barbie pink> barbie pink. The eighth drop did nothing, so I deduct it. 7 drops means 70 TA.

CH is the same way. It goes to sky blue. Many people stop at maroon or indigo, but that is not correct. It goes sky blue. And when it gets no more sky blue, the last drop is deducted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.