SE Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
For anyone needing a tarp style pool cover, Inyo Pools currently has a great deal. I just ordered a 30x50 tarp for half of what it cost us in 2015 when I last replaced it.

I’m glad to finally see something pool related actually go down in price rather than being double or more!

Reactions: Newdude
Oooh, nice. My solar cover is just about ready to fall apart after 2 years of constant use on the pool and I was thinking of getting a UV blocking winter cover.

How do you decide what size water tubes to use on a kidney shaped pool? My solar cover was 20'x45' rectangular and I obviously had to cut a lot of corners.

I live in a very temperate climate that doesn't freeze, so I was wondering if it's okay for winter covers to be in contact with lightly chlorinated water, or does it have to be stretched tight and suspended over the water level?

Oooh, nice. My solar cover is just about ready to fall apart after 2 years of constant use on the pool and I was thinking of getting a UV blocking winter cover.

How do you decide what size water tubes to use on a kidney shaped pool? My solar cover was 20'x45' rectangular and I obviously had to cut a lot of corners.

I live in a very temperate climate that doesn't freeze, so I was wondering if it's okay for winter covers to be in contact with lightly chlorinated water, or does it have to be stretched tight and suspended over the water level?
Tarp style covers usually sit on the water. They aren’t as strong as a loop lock style cover so they can rip as they collect water/ice/snow if you try to stretch them tight like that.

Reactions: Klutz14159
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.