tanning ledge sizes

OttawaSwim

Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
We have a fiberglass pool with a ledge and we have an almost 5yo granddaughter. I agree with your logic. It’s nice to have a place where she can get in and hang out, but smaller would be better. At her age, she’s already more into jumping in with her swimmies on than hanging out on the ledge.

The steps are nice too, but they do take up a lot of room in the pool. In that sense, we don’t care. My wife and I could have been good with a plunge pool so we don’t feel we’ve given up too much space to have the steps coming off the ledge, which do equate to basically a large bench.
How do you like your Olympia 16? We are thinking of getting one. I really like all the sitting possibilities you have when hanging out in the shallow end. However, my wife is concerned that the tanning ledge section is taking up too much space. She is afraid there won't be enough shallow end area for the kids to play (kids are 9 and 11). Do you have any regrets, or do you appreciate all the features?

I also intend to have a spa beside the tanning ledge, that over-spills on the ledge section.

Also curious to know if anyone else has a similar pool to the Latham Olympia, like a Latham Majestic, Leisure Wave or other. Do you find the ledge functional and stairs functional (and fun), or would you rather have more swimming area?
1705031006588.png

I would also like to hear comments from anyone that has a pool like a Latham Corinthian 16 or a Leisure Summit or Pinnacle. Do you like the tanning ledge and the pool in general?

1705031048087.png

How do you like your Olympia 16? We are thinking of getting one. I really like all the sitting possibilities you have when hanging out in the shallow end. However, my wife is concerned that the tanning ledge section is taking up too much space. She is afraid there won't be enough shallow end area for the kids to play (kids are 9 and 11). Do you have any regrets, or do you appreciate all the features?

I also intend to have a spa beside the tanning ledge, that over-spills on the ledge section.
My granddaughter is 8 now and she doesn’t want to be in the shallow end any longer. We like the pool. We don’t use the ledge but we like and use the steps to sit on. If doing it again, I’d look for less of a ledge but really no regrets. The ledge is nice for getting in and out of the pool. I use the steps because I need to hold onto something but the kids just step in and out from the ledge. At 9 and 11, I wouldn’t worry about the ledge taking space away from the kids playing area.

I don't understand the obsession with tanning ledges. They remove insanely expensive real estate (that you still pay for) and I bet most rarely use it. Or 3 of the 4 in the household don't.

I always vote for more pool. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.