Tanning Ledge Location

Snorman2010

Feb 12, 2020
Florida
Hello Everyone. I am in the final stages of signing contract on our pool. I would like a few opinions about our Tanning Ledge. As of now our Tanning Ledge is in the Deep End of our pool. I’m concerned that this is taking away from our swim area... although with the shape of our pool it’s on the side so not really in the way I’m still concerned. Does anyone have a ledge that’s not the main access to the pool. If so, do you like it? Pics attached of our proposal. The ledge is 13x7 Feet and 6” deep. TIA

Attachments

• 0DFF952B-A300-455A-A6FB-24B6831B3948.jpeg
    0DFF952B-A300-455A-A6FB-24B6831B3948.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 92
Welcome! :wave: That actually looks more like a bench than a tanning ledge that I'm used to seeing (larger and in the shallow end), but that may just my opinion or tech jargon. We have such a ledge along the entire side of our pool used primarily for sitting. It's nice, and on the west side so that when sitting the evening sun is at our back and not in the face. Other than that, I don't think it will take away much form the deep end at all.

With the shape of your pool, the tanning ledge is in it's own little space bumped out from the swimming area, so I wouldn't worry about that part. I think most put them off the steps in the shallow because it's easily accessible; closer to the house. And maybe a better spot to talk with others in the shallow end or on the pool deck. (guessing since I don't actually have a pool right now). I really like how your ledge is designed though. The shape of your entire pool is really pretty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.