Jul 5, 2017
Greenville, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi Guys!
We are meeting with our PB Saturday to finalize our design and selections for the pool at our new construction house. Originally I did not want a tanning ledge because we very rarely use the one we have now. The main reason I think we do not use our current one much is it was placed in an area that gets mostly morning to mid-day sun while the other side of the pool gets full sun pretty much all day. We also currently have a smaller pool and I always felt like it took a lot of room from regular swimming.

It is a different story at the new house and my wife really wants one so you know happy wife happy life. It will get sun most of the day and our pool is larger so I feel like we have plenty of room for swimming. Attaching a rendering from the first version. Where the steps are we will switch to a tanning ledge that will be roughly 8' wide 7' long. I am probably way over explaining this but wanted to give the full picture. Does that size sound reasonable for 2-3 people to use at a time? How deep do you prefer the water to be on your ledge? Our current one is roughly 5" deep and we were thinking of going to 7" but also want to add a couple bubblers since it will be our only water feature (I love the sound of water) and want to make sure that is not too deep. I am also attaching a pic of another pool our PB did which is basically exactly what. am thinking. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Cowdrey (Greenville)2_009.jpg
    Cowdrey (Greenville)2_009.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1810.JPG
    IMG_1810.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 79
Our ledge is 12" deep and is 120sqft(12'X10'). I love our depth, and we have 2 in pool lounge chairs and a side table on the ledge. There is also enough room to walk around the ledge. If you plan to put furniture on the ledge, you might want to consider going larger than 8X7. Also, consider adding lights to the bubblers. I think it enhances the bubbler effect.

For the size, we laid out some tape, on the floor, to see if chairs would fit, there was enough room, etc. The depth, for us is determined by our shorty Jack Russell Terrier. She needs to stand on the shelf without drowning. The bubbles aren’t an issue, they will just adjust the valve to your preference.

Reactions: KDee
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.