Tankless water heater for pools

Dec 5, 2018
Osceola/Florida
Moved from here.
hello sorry to bring up an older thread but i was researching for reviews and saw this thread... figured maybe its a good place to bring it up.. now ecosmart has electric tankless options designed for pools.. anyone have one ? its a fraction of the cost of the large real estate cobbling units

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked it up on Google - WOW, the 27kW heater can draw up to 113A. Better have some heavy duty conductors run out to your equipment pad. Also, due to the low flow requirement, it’s going to require being plumbed on a bypass loop. Other than the installation requirements, it looks like it can work as long as you’re willing to spend the money on electricity to run it. Heating pool water with an electric heater is generally the least efficient and most costly way of heating BUT, if it’s all you have available, then I suppose it’s worth a try.

Do you not have enough space for even a small sized heat pump??

Yea I have some space but it would close up a tight space even more. As for the electricity, I’m having solar installed shortly and choose a system that is produces about 3500 kWh of electricity more than i used yearly with a heater in mind. Since I’m in central Florida my use for it will Be really about three months. I’m going to have an install guy give me a quote on the job and see. Right nOw for a tank heater I’m looking at 3500-4K. The tankless can be half that or even less.

Last edited:
Lemme think.... you're wanting to spend $4k on a tanked heater when you live in FL with abundant sunshine and the ability to put really good solar in to use heating the pool? If so, I need you to adopt me and be my sugar daddy! WoooWoo! :laughblue:

How much will the solar run just to go to the pool alone?

Maddie :flower:

Yea I have some space but it would close up a tight space even more. As for the electricity, I’m having solar installed shortly and choose a system that is produces about 3500 kWh of electricity more than i used yearly with a heater in mind. Since I’m in central Florida my use for it will Be really about three months. I’m going to have an install guy give me a quote on the job and see. Right nOw for a tank heater I’m looking at 3500-4K. The tankless can be half that or even less.

Did you ever get a heater? I'm in a similar situation, replacing a bad heat pump (just found a repaired a water leak inside it - wondered why we were refilling the pool so often). We really want it more to heat the hot tub.

We had solar installed too and produce 110+ %. We also previously installed a pool solar system (about 9 years ago), so this is why we want it more for the hot tub.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.