Taking over parents' pool problems. Oops.

rgkpool said:
According to the Chlorine / CYA chart in the Pool School, I think you should raise your Shock level to 16 FC for a CYA of ~42. In a previous post you mentioned adding stablizer to bring CYA up to 50? I'm not an expert but during the shock process, I do not think you want to be raising CYA. Lower CYA means less Chlorine needed to reach your shock levels. For the 50 CYA, it appears you should be using FC 20 at this point. This should speed things along. Also remember that you need to try and keep it at shock levels 100% of the time at this point.
I have considered upping the shock and will probably do so today. As for adding CYA, I came to the same conclusion and removed the sock of CYA almost immediately, so I don't expect it to rise much at all, if any.

Hopefully all the gunk from the bottom has been removed at this point? Keep trying to pull any biomass out so that you are only fighting the CC in the water, rather than organic material that can be removed.
For the most part it has, yes. I am still working to remove all of it, but the lion's share is gone. It's tough, though, because we are overloaded with pine trees in this region; pine straw and pine bark are unbelievably hard to remove when you can't see what you're doing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.