Taking my cover off today, need some feedback please

Renob

May 14, 2019
Palestine TX
Hello All, I'm going to take off my cover later today I peaked and the water looks nice and clear, I have been running the pump all day wanted the water mixed up please look at my results and let me know if I'm on the right track, oh and its an above ground 13,500gal pool
PH 7.2
CYA added agents and the water never changed color
CH 60
TA 50
FC I added R-0870 powder to the 10mil of water and it stayed clear.

Pool math says to add 4.3oz of Borax 20 for the PH
Pool math says to add 14lbs of calcium chloride for the CH it's my understanding low CH only matters for a plaster pool?
Pool math says to add 36oz of dry stabilizer for the CYA
Pool math said to lower TA reduce pH to 7.0-7.2 its 7.2 now.
For the FC reading I used 0 in pool math being when I ran the text the water stayed clear, pool math says to add 86oz of Bleach 10%
Thanks for your assistance.

Last edited:
Everything looks good except CYA and FC. The pH and TA Is a little low, but it might come up naturally depending on your fill water. Do you know what your fill water is?

The water you use to fill your pool. Usually via an autofill or a hose. If it's high in pH/TA then your pH/TA in your pool will rise over time.

Reactions: Renob
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.