Tagelus Sand filter ID

Dec 15, 2009
Hi y'all, I am finally getting around to replacing the sand in my filter, however I realized that I have no idea how much sand to put in as I don't know which model I have. The filter itself bakes directly in the central Texas afternoon sun so virtually all words/numbers on it are too faded to be read.
Anyone have any idea how I can figure out which model I have or any other trick to determine how much sand to put in this?

Various ways to do that. You can measure the vertical height and circumference of the filter and we can look it up that way. Sometimes you might see a line inside the wall about 2/3 way up near the top to indicate the sand fill line. If no line, then the same basic rule applies to fill it up about 2/3, while the sand remains a couple inches below the top of center pipe so it doesn't get in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.