Tabs in Skimmer

joemkraus

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2019
Saratoga, CA
I use Liquid Chlorine 100% of the time...except on vacation. The floaters with tabs are OK, but I have had mixed results. What is the opinion about tabs in the skimmer if I set the pump timer to run 24/7 while gone?

Joe, we discourage tabs in the skimmer because they are very acidic. You don't want that strong acidic water traveling to the pump so close, and for some pools it can damage the plastic in/around the skimmer. You don't have vinyl, but that's a potential bad spot as well. Always best to use a floater.

You’re feeding the equipment a constant 3.0 pH. Heaters and the pump won’t like you and will likely treat you poorly when you return. Also, better hope the pump doesn’t stop running for any reason. I’m assuming you’re leaving for a few days for vacation maybe thus your questioning?

Raising to shock level for your cya & 1 floater full of tabs ought to see u through for a week. Do u have a cover you could put on to help as well?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.