TA Reading

Sorry it took so long.. Had to get the gadget out of the PLASTIC!!

FC 4.0
CC .5
TC 4.5
TA 80
CH 390
CYA 50 (KITCHEN LIGHTING)

PH - 7.8
One question I have is - how do I know what my "goal" is each time I use the PC? I mean, I know what the range is.... but..?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is no perfect number for every pool. The "range" is set to show that as long as all your numbers stay in those area's....your pool will be right. However.......

If you're having troubles keeping your PH in check....then knowing what each number DOES in respect to the other shows that altering your TA some will help. If knowing you're losing alot of FC each day....then knowing that altering your CYA will help.

It's going to take a few months' of playing around with the numbers to learn just what YOUR pool does in respect with the numbers. As long as the numbers STAY in the range....your water should stay clear. There's only two numbers I see that you need to watch.

1. The FC is at the low range of the list for your CYA level. Don't let it go any lower. With a CC reading of .5 I myself would make sure I try and stay at the high end every day.
2. The PH level has almost never changed from 7.8 yet. With a plaster pool this is the highest you want it to go...ever. I'd suggest lowering it to 7.4 with a dose of acid.

The speedstir works nice with your CH test doesn't it. :goodjob: :goodjob:

I DO love the speedstir!

Thanks fpr the info.. I've got a bunch of ladies coming for a luncheon/swim today, so I better hold off on the acid this morning (tee-hee.) Better hop on the bleach tho! :party:
Later!

Thanks linen! I didn't see your post about the acid until this morning.. I was too busy playing hostess. :-D

Here are my readings as of today:

FC 3.5
CC .5
TC 4
TA 80
CH 350
CYA 55
PH 7.8
CSI .26
Crystal clear water.

PC says to add 116 oz BL
and 8.7 oz MA

Does that sound about right?

The pool has sun all day, except at one end the tanning ledge is shaded until about 2:30. (Yeah, great planning there - HAHA!)

Did you add any chlorine yesterday? If so how much?? You're often on the low end of the FC range, and assuming you keep bumping it up to 8 you appear to be losing almost 4FC's a day or more. Add that to the .5cc reading and it's a few red flags that you may want to preform the OCLT. Algae could be trying to start in the pool. You may wish to continue to use the Poly 60 for the time being.

Do not shock however until you get the OK from the builder! Any word on when the SWG is to be hooked up?

...for your ph...

8.7 ounces of 31.45% Muriatic Acid is only going to drop your ~19000 gallon pool down by ~ 0.2 ph (assuming 80 ppm TA and 0 borates). I would shoot for something much lower like 7.2 ph...since your ph will continue to rise quite fast with the new plaster, and you do not want to have high ph (higher than 7.8). I get ~ 39 ounces of 31.45% MA to lower to 7.2 ph.

Leebo said:
Did you add any chlorine yesterday? If so how much?? You're often on the low end of the FC range, and assuming you keep bumping it up to 8 you appear to be losing almost 4FC's a day or more. Add that to the .5cc reading and it's a few red flags that you may want to preform the OCLT. Algae could be trying to start in the pool. You may wish to continue to use the Poly 60 for the time being.

Do not shock however until you get the OK from the builder! Any word on when the SWG is to be hooked up?

Yes I did add BL.. and Dang it... I didn't write it down.. SORRY!

linen... I actually don't know how big my pool is. The PB said between 15000 and 18000 gal. That's kind of a big spread... so I've been going off of 16000 gal for now. ???
I haven't added MA in a few days, so I'll do that tomorrow morning.

Thank you so much!

Leebo said:

The last time I added Poly was over a week ago... tomorrow am I'll do a full test and do whatever you recommend. Today while I was firing up the spa jets, one of the pumps started acting up. I shut down the pool until the PB could get out here. He came right away and took away the part and is replacing it tomorrow. So I didn't want to add chemicals while the pools wouldn't circulate.

Hopefully we'll be back on track tomorrow. :(

We filled the pool Aug 3rd, so we should get the SWG hooked up SOON, I hope!!!

Tomorrow I can add more Polly if you think I should!! :)

This morning my readings are:

FC 4.5 / GOAL - 7 / ADD 83 BL
CC 0
TC 4.5
TA 80
CH 375
CYA 55
CSI .28
PH 7.8 / GOAL - 7.2 / ADD 33 OZ MA

BASED ON 16,000 GAL POOL

So, I first add BL, wait an hour, add MA, wait an hour, add Poly maintenance amount (6oz)

Does that sound about right? THANK YOU!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.