T-Cell Replacement

Most of the posts that I have read indicate a shorter lifespan for the generics but that does not mean they can't be a better deal. It is really the cost/total amp-hr of operation that really matters but I have not seen any data on that one.

Through independent tests by the leading authority in electrolytic cells, CompuPool cells have been shown to have 75% less operating life than a genuine Hayward T-CELL-15.

*DeNora Tech CompuPool Analysis, 2013.

**Based on rating of chlorine delivery by NSF and rating of coating life by DeNora Tech

1634064888336.png

Hayward claims that they have test data that shows that a generic aftermarket cell only produces 25% of the total chlorine as their cell.

That seems like a big difference.

I would not think that there was that much difference, but someone can contact Hayward, the NSF or DeNora Tech to inquire about the test data if they want.

The testing date information indicates that the tests are from 2013.

So, that does not mean that the current cells are necessarily the same difference.

I think that DeNora Tech makes the plates for Hayward, Pentair and Jandy, so they might have a bias or conflict of interest in their test.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.