T-2006 FC test

holdup1time

Jun 15, 2019
Houston Texas
Hello all, new member here.
I have the Taylor 2006 test kit and it has me put 2 scoops of that white powder in, then put the drops in etc etc
My question is about the scoops...it seems like an inaccurate way of doing it....Ive been trying to make my scoops flat with the surface of the scooper...as in, not heaping scoops.
Today I just did 2 scoops and didn't try to make it level...just two quick scoops....got FC reading of 8.0.
Did the test again trying to make sure the powder is even with the scoop surface...not heaping scoop...FC was 7.2
I know that's not much difference but starting to think about getting another method for testing my FC...one without powder scoops.
Thoughts?
Thanks!

First, use 10ml of water so each drop is 0.5ppm ... that is plenty precise and will save you a lot of reagent.
Then just use one good scoop.
The amount is not that important, as long as you add enough. You can't add too much (unless you get ridiculous), but too little can make the end point hard to discern.

Also, be sure you are holding the bottle vertically and letting the drops fully form before falling off the tip.
You should be adding drops about 1 per second or so.

There is no better method for testing your FC. Just don't overthink it ... we are talking about a pool, not rocket surgery ;)

Reactions: jmikeb
good going getting the test kit.
when there is enough powder in the sample, you’ll see some extra in the bottom of the tube where it fell out of solution .
btw, instead of the 25ml sample and two scoops, use the 10 ml and one heaping scoop. then each drop is .5 ppm and you’ll save a lot of product

good going getting the test kit.
when there is enough powder in the sample, you’ll see some extra in the bottom of the tube where it fell out of solution .
btw, instead of the 25ml sample and two scoops, use the 10 ml and one heaping scoop. then each drop is .5 ppm and you’ll save a lot of product
Thanks folks for the advice on switching to the 10ml sample....I saw that in the instructions but just started out with the 25ml...and yeah, that would greatly reduce the amount of drops I'm adding.

I have been adding the drops vertically per the instructions...glad I'm doing that right.

Take care!

Reactions: jmikeb
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.