Southern California 91406
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I’m having a minor issue with my OmniLogic system. Under the chlorinator it has the instant salt at 3469 and average is 3600. However, when I use my tfp test kit I get 2600ppm I took a sample to the pool store and they get the same.

In searching the site I saw some suggestions that the system may have the wrong cell configured. I went into service mode and it does say T15 cell. Side of the actual cell says tcell940 which looks correct. It also read accurately last year and no config changes have been made. Is it possible it just needs a cleaning?

The system is still chlorinating which is why I say it’s no big deal, but it is a little concerning

What are the volts, amps, cell temperature and salinity?

Can you show the cell label?

Can you show the setting that says T-15?
Cell temp I’ve got 61.4, 26.37V, 5.41 A, polarity K2.

Unfortunately I’m not at home at the moment to get you those pictures. To verify it was the right cell I went into service mode and then clicked through the chlorinator until it told me what cell it was and it said t-15. The side of the actual cell said tcel940 up to 40,000 gallon pool. I can try and get pictures tomorrow

Cell temp I’ve got 61.4, 26.37V, 5.41 A, polarity K2.
Based on those numbers, I suspect that you have the cell type set to T-9.

The Aquarite really cannot read too high unless the cell type is wrong or the water temperature reading is wrong.

Either the cell type is wrong or the SWG salinity reading is correct and your salinity test result is wrong.

Double check the cell type in settings.

If it is set to T-15, check the salinity 2 different reliable ways including a different drop test kit and a calibrated meter.

Last edited:
Based on those numbers, I suspect that you have the cell type set to T-9.

The Aquarite really cannot read too high unless the cell type is wrong or the water temperature reading is wrong.

Either the cell type is wrong or the SWG salinity reading is correct and your salinity test result is wrong.

Double check the cell type in settings.

If it is set to T-15, check the salinity 2 different reliable ways including a different drop test kit and a calibrated meter.
Do you happen to know where in the settings I should be looking? The only one I could find was in that service mode.

Try a different test kit and a meter to verify the salinity.

The Aquarite really does not read too high because the reading comes from the performance of the cell.

It might read a little bit high, but it's not a problem.

Most likely, the test results are inaccurate.

The actual salinity is probably somewhere between the two values, but closer to the Aquarite reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: r2sie2
Try a different test kit and a meter to verify the salinity.

The Aquarite really does not read too high because the reading comes from the performance of the cell.

It might read a little bit high, but it's not a problem.

Most likely, the test results are inaccurate.

The actual salinity is probably somewhere between the two values, but closer to the Aquarite reading.
Ok thanks so much for your help. Do you have another test kit that you’d recommend or just get new reagent?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m having a minor issue with my OmniLogic system. Under the chlorinator it has the instant salt at 3469 and average is 3600. However, when I use my tfp test kit I get 2600ppm I took a sample to the pool store and they get the same.
I'm actually having the exact same 'issue' (not really an issue, just an interesting observation I suppose). Recently installed my Hayward W3T-CELL-15 (so I don't have any history). Been slowly increasing my salt over the last week or so, haven't added any for a few days.

I have 2 bodies of water. My Taylor (2 months old) is reporting 2600ppm for both bodies, yet the OmniPL says the Average is at ~3200 and Instant is ~3100.

Everything seems to be working fine, just interesting.

Last edited:
I'm actually having the exact same 'issue' (not really an issue, just an interesting observation I suppose). Recently installed my Hayward W3T-CELL-15 (so I don't have any history). Been slowly increasing my salt over the last week or so, haven't added any for a few days.

I have 2 bodies of water. My Taylor (2 months old) is reporting 2600ppm for both bodies, yet the OmniPL says the Average is at ~3200 and Instant is ~3100.

Everything seems to be working fine, just interesting.
Yeah I think like someone commented earlier that I’m just going to trust it’s somewhere in the middle. I’m also going to clean my cell at some point this season as I want to see if the average changes

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.