IASteve

Aug 27, 2017
Central Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 30K gallon pool and I'm exploring the T15 cell. I currently run my single speed pump for about 8 hours a day. I like to keep this timing or close to it.

Would the T15 cell be large enough for my pool? I know the suggestion here is to size the SWG twice the size of the pool.

I have a 30K gallon pool and I'm exploring the T15 cell. I currently run my single speed pump for about 8 hours a day. I like to keep this timing or close to it.

Would the T15 cell be large enough for my pool? I know the suggestion here is to size the SWG twice the size of the pool.

I,

Location, location, location... :p

It would not work well in Texas or Az, but it might in Iowa...

A T-15 cell, running at 100% output 24/7 will add 5.6 ppm of FC to a 30K pool. This equals about .23 ppm per hour. So in 8 hours you will produce 1.86 ppm of chlorine.

As long as your pool uses less than 1.86 ppm of chlorine a day, it will work fine. Or if you have an auto-cover..

Most pools use 2 to 4 ppm of FC per day, but again it depends on location and the local weather and sun..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I,

Location, location, location... :p

It would not work well in Texas or Az, but it might in Iowa...

A T-15 cell, running at 100% output 24/7 will add 5.6 ppm of FC to a 30K pool. This equals about .23 ppm per hour. So in 8 hours you will produce 1.86 ppm of chlorine.

As long as your pool uses less than 1.86 ppm of chlorine a day, it will work fine. Or if you have an auto-cover..

Most pools use 2 to 4 ppm of FC per day, but again it depends on location and the local weather and sun..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Jim, I’ve seen you provide this type of information in other threads. What is the source of the output numbers? I need to do some math myself.

Hayward states that the T-15 outputs 1.4 pounds of chlorine gas in a day. You can enter that information into the Effects of Addition Chemicals at the bottom of PoolMath to see what it will do for your pool.

Here is a website that has a list of claimed outputs. Some may or may not be optimistic ;)
Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

- - - Updated - - -

A T-3 is only 0.6 pounds ... which is 4.9ppm FC in your 14.6k pool

Jim, I’ve seen you provide this type of information in other threads. What is the source of the output numbers? I need to do some math myself.

N,

What Jason said above is exactly what I do...

You must enter your pool volume at the very top of PoolMath and then slide down to the bottom and select the chemical and amount that you want to know about..

Try it... please let me know if you can't get it to work for you...

Thanks,

Jim R.

That data just shows how wonky the Hayward cell ratings are:
T-3 15k gallons with 0.6 pounds output
T-9 25k gallons with 0.7 pounds output ( scaling 0.6 pounds up from 15k to 25k would require 1 pound?)
T-15 40k gallons with 1.4 pounds output

i emailed Heyward about swg outputs and they sent me this;

T3 puts out .56lbs/24 hrs
t5 - .74/24 hrs
t9 - .98/24 hrs
t15 - 1.45/24hrs

I have a 9400 pool and im also trying to figure out which one to get. just ordered a heyward maxflo vsp and i'm leaning toward a t9 as i can run the pump for 10 hours at 50% for 5ppm for my needs. hope this helps

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I second or third that it will be fine for IA based on my MD experience.

Thank you all for the replies and sorry for my late reply. I'll probably switch over for next season, hopefully snag a good Black Friday deal. Still going back and forth between the T-15 or a larger Circupool. I'll probably see which has the better deal and roll the dice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.