Switching to SWG and have questions?

retfr8flyr

Bronze Supporter
May 7, 2017
Providence Forge, VA
I will be installing a CurcuPool RJ30 Plus sometime in the next 2 weeks. I will also be installing a new Hayward Sp3202VSP Tristar pump at the same time. My questions are about how to connect everything. I currently have a Hayward SuperPump running on a timer. The RJ instructions say to wire it into the pump timer. The new pump will not use the timer, as all functions are built into the control module. I don't want to rely on the flow switch to turn the SWG off. Is it possible to just keep the timer and wire it into the RJ controller but not the pump? If I wire the new pump directly into the breaker connections and if I keep the input line into the timer but remove the load out line, that would normally go to the pump and wire the RJ controller into this line. I don't see how this wouldn't work and the timer would then turn the RJ off but the pump would be independent of the timer. I am not an electrician, so I was hoping to get some help on this from some of you guru's.

R,

Yes.. I think.. If I understand you correctly... :p

The pump will get power all the time and operate off of its internal timer..

The SWCG will get power from your current timer.

Your job will be to ensure the two timers are in sync, so that the SWCG will never be on, when the pump is off..

For example.. you could have the pump scheduled to run from 8 am until 8 pm and have the timer controlling the SWCG to come on from 9 am and off at 7 pm. This would allow some over lap, just in case the two timers drift out of sync over time.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.