Switching from Intex to Calypso 52" above ground pool.

unkyjoe

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2013
Seguin TX
We took the plunge last week and pulled the trigger on a late season purchase of a new Calypso 52" AGP

Specs: 7" Top Ledge
Krystal Kote Sealant
Resin Bottom Trakcs
Aluminum Alloy Service Panel
19" Sand filter and 1.75hp pump.
LED Light on skimmer
Prefabbed Cove and Pad for the bottom.

We purchased from a local "San Antonio" AGP dealer with 40+ years in business call A-Tex pool and billiards.

The purchase process was easy, clearly explained, and heavily discounted, we purchased the pool locally so we could go back to them in the future if we had any issues.

We have had an Intex/Coleman type of pool for years, but the steel uprights don't last long and we are tired of putting a new one up every few years. I have also learned that I do not like installing pools, so we are paying to have it installed, A-Tex also provided the installer as well, so soup to nuts.

I will keep everyone posted as we move forward and document the install, which is scheduled for Sept 22-23 depending on the weather.

I am having trouble finding information on this pool, we moved our install to August 14th as a result of family issues.

I want to install a SWG system on this pool, but the sellers tell us this will void our warranty and that you cant use a SWG system on this type of AGP.

Is this true? The top rails, bottom tracks, are all made from Resin, the service panel is alluminum, and the walls are steel, I have heard yes and no on the SWG system.

It is up to THEM if they will warranty it for anything. Saying that I will tell you it is next to impossible to get them to pay enough on a warranty issue to make it worth anything :( For my liner they prorated it so much AND then wanted to charge SO much for a new liner that is was worth it for my to just buy from another company!

When I can afford the up front cost I will be getting a SWG!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.