Switched from Polaris to robot (Dolphin Echo) cleaner - what to do with old booster pump & side connection

Mar 16, 2014
Plano, TX
Finally got my pool re-plastered (1 week ago) and retiring the old Polaris in favor of the Dolphin Echo. Last time it was in use it looked like Curly from The Three Stooges laying on its side going around in circles. Can I cap off the side connector since it does flow even without the booster pump on? And what to do with the booster pump? Are they worth anything?

That is exactly what I did when updating our pool last winter. Go to HD and get plugs that will fit into the lines that went to your booster pump-probably 1” or close to that. I like not having to run 2 pumps.

I wouldn't want to have a pipe full of stagnant water anywhere. So I'd probably just leave it connected with water flowing through it, since it shouldn't cause any problems. Probably remove the pump, though. Otherwise, I'd blow all the air out of the pipe, plug it in the pool with a rubber plug, and cap off the connections at the equipment pad.

I left my pump and motor installed (disconnected power at the timer) and left flow lined up through the pump. Couldn't think of a good reason to remove it, and it's not hurting anything just sitting there.

Reactions: roblutts
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.