Swimming pool blues

Jul 2, 2017
Borden. IN
I replaced all the water in my pool last weekend. I then put in metal control liquid as directed (waited) 24 hrs then put in concentrated clarifier waited 24 hrs. Then I put in oxy plus as directed. I just can't get the chlorine level up. My pool is crystal clear, but has no chlorine. I have 4 -3 inch chlorine tabs in the pool and still no chlorine. My pool holds 3500 gals. I have also backslashes it 5 times and vaccumed it twice. What to do?

I'm confused Darlene..... WHO told you to put all those potions in the pool??

Those are items we rarely to never recommend, and are not usually required. What kind of water are you using to fill your pool??

Is this Oxyplus you said you used....the laundry detergent kind??

Maddie :flower:

Why does my pool water not have any chlorine in it. I've got to floaters with 2-3inch chlorine tabs in them.
How are you testing and what are your latest water test results? Post as many parameters as possible from the most recent test. Also, can you give us information about your pool? Type of filter? How many gallons? What are you using to fill the pool in terms of water (city, well, etc)? Any equipment you know of? Vinyl? Fiberglass? In Ground? Above ground?

By the way, if you are putting tablets in a floater be aware it does take them some time to dissolve. If you need to add chlorine to the pool quickly you should do so with liquid chlorine or potentially granular trichlor/dichlor if your cyanuric acid level is low since you just refilled your water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.