SWG with Sunearth EP-40 Solar Panels

Wind across the surface is about all you would have with that type of pool.

Air compressor? Throw the hose in the pool for awhile?
I found a way to aerate the pool which was cludgy but sort of worked and got the TA down to 90 after 3 days.

However next pool top up after a weeks evaporation in California TA was back to 130 - 1 week later and another top up 140 while adding acid to keep PH in correct range.

Don't think SWG will work for us if keeping TA below 90 is critical - a shame unless anyone has ideas?

I guess we go back to accepting TA is above ideal but mangaing PH and a liquid chlorine pool.

Thanks

That jump in TA from evaporation fill is bit large. A lower TA is not critical to SWCG, but you will have to be diligent with pH by adding acid more often.

Thanks for all the advice - but keeping such a close watch on PH will kind of defeat the purpose of getting a SWG which was to save monitoring Chlorine level and adding Liquid Chlorine daily.

I don't think it will save money vs liquid chlorine - but the potential convenience was attractive - especially if we were travlling out of town for a week or so....

I also struggle a bit to read the PH test using both K-1000 Test Kit – Blue Plastic Box (R-0600 and R-0014 contained in the K-1000) and Taylor 9056 Chlorine and Bromine DPD Comparator. I did buy a Hanna Instruments HI98103 Checker pH Tester but even that seem a bit temperamental - sometimes seems spot on with the test kits but other times even after calibration seems to read quite differently to the test kits.

Reading Chlorine with TF-100 TEST KIT Chlorine Test (FAS/DPD) drop test is simple and easy to get an accurate result.

Maybe if there was a comparable and easy to use/read PH test a SWG would be an option.

Oh well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.