SWG wasn't off after new plaster

golfski

Dec 13, 2020
Palm Spring
Hey All,

I recently had a resurfacing, finished 2-weeks ago today. Knowing that I can't have salt in there, I turned my chlorinator down to 0% for both spa and pool and didn't think much of it. I keep getting low-salt alerts, obviously because there is no salt. I just realized that I could disable the chlorinator in the configuration menu, and did so thinking this might be better or at least stop the alarms. The chlorinator said "0% Off" before disabling it but I was curious if I could have damaged my SWG cell running at 0% vs. disabled? It seemed like it was off either way but just curious.

My pool guy and plaster company have not been very good in communicating and at this point don't trust their opinion or knowledge anyways. My pool guy replaced the cell earlier this year, so there is a warranty for his operation/service if there is any damage, just curious if I should be worried.

With it set at 0%, it was off. The thermistor kept working thus giving you the low salt alerts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.