SWG vs mineral system

I'm very happy with my SWG. After I dialed it in, the pool is practically on "cruise control" with it, as I don't worry about adding anything on a daily basis. I still check it, but i don't worry about leaving it for a few days unattended and/or having someone add chemicals to it if I'm out of town.

Thanks Jim and PoolGate! Good info for me.

Basically the Aquapure and Fusion Soft would be identical except for the mineral? Everything would function the same and can be controlled with my existing automation panel?

Thanks Jim and PoolGate! Good info for me.

Basically the Aquapure and Fusion Soft would be identical except for the mineral? Everything would function the same and can be controlled with my existing automation panel?

Correct. Jandy owns FusionSoft (or at least they are all under the Zodiac umbrella). Mine is integrated into my iAqualink for full control.

Since I also have the iAqualink that will control my system, that is all I need to control the Fusion Soft. What if I go with the AquaPure, does the iAqualink also control this system?

Yes Aqualink will control all Jandy and FusionSoft SWGs.

Sweet! So, all I need to do is buy either the Aquapure PLC1400 or the Fusion Soft FSOFT1400 and plumb it in. Any advantage or disadvantage over the Aquapure vs the Fusion Soft? Looks like the Fusion Soft might be a little less expensive from what I gather.

Sweet! So, all I need to do is buy either the Aquapure PLC1400 or the Fusion Soft FSOFT1400 and plumb it in. Any advantage or disadvantage over the Aquapure vs the Fusion Soft? Looks like the Fusion Soft might be a little less expensive from what I gather.

I think it is cheaper. They count on mineral cartridge sales. You also need the power supply that integrates into the aqualink panel. Usually panels are sold bundled with the power supply when you get the swg.

It’s priced well below other systems, I’m very intrigued.

It's been poopoo'd a lot, especially on this forum, since it is also a mineral system. But the mineral system part is totally optional. I have never used it. The SWG portion is full featured and as I said above, the same as the Aquapure. The unit itself is robust. It sits well on the pad. It has a drain plug to winterize and the cell is completely and easily removable. It is very serviceable. Take advantage that they are counting on overpriced ($150) mineral cartridges to subsidize it.

Reactions: OGSW20
Can you see how many blades are in the cell, I’ve always steered clear of zodiac but my cost buying those is half what an aqua rite or Pentair swg is. I guess I’m skeptical as to the true amount of blades in the cell, my heart says 15 but my brain warns 5-7. I like you would just toss the mineral part for my clients.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Based on feedback from everyone here and first hand experience from PoolGate, I was able to swap out my Fusion Mineral System to the Fusion Soft which will allow me to run a SWG system and I will just omit the mineral cartridges. That was the best route for me since the plumbing was already done. Plus, it sounds like I would save a few bucks compared to the Aquapure even though it will generate the same amount of chlorine. Thanks everyone and especially PoolGate!

Reactions: mknauss
Based on feedback from everyone here and first hand experience from PoolGate, I was able to swap out my Fusion Mineral System to the Fusion Soft which will allow me to run a SWG system and I will just omit the mineral cartridges. That was the best route for me since the plumbing was already done. Plus, it sounds like I would save a few bucks compared to the Aquapure even though it will generate the same amount of chlorine. Thanks everyone and especially PoolGate!

You could probably sell the starter mineral cartridge it comes with on ebay. I have the starter and a full cartridge my builder gave me that I need to sell. Should be worth $200 for both. Make sure your builder knows that you are not going to use the mineral cartridge and does not install it for you and take the blankout plate. The blankout plates are impossible to find and people have been gutting the mineral cartridges just to use the top section as a blankout plate.

Good to know! I'm sure that starter cartridge can't be worth much if it only last for a month. I will make sure I check the unit and save those blankout plates. I think the PB is just going to drop off the Fusion Soft to me and I'm going to swap out the units myself. I actually re-plumbed the return line from the heater to mineral system to the pool because I did not like the way the PB originally routed that line. I eliminated 3 bends out of 6 for more hydro efficiency. Not sure if that really makes a difference, but it looks a lot cleaner.

My pool guy sold me on a mineral system when I first got a pool. One of the worst things I've ever spent $. Pool guys get these mineral systems for nearly free, they charge their customers a fortune to install, you will have to continue buying the cartridges that purposely deliver metal into your pool. They do this so they have a captive audience and everyone makes money, from the system, from the refill cartridges, to attempts to clean cloudy pools, to attempts to mitigate the damage of having metal in your pool. It is a money making machine for everyone to get more money out of your pocket and into their pockets.

Look at my old post that showed the metal staining on the bag containing the metal balls in my mineral system. How to Remove Metal Balls from Nature 2 Fusion

Reactions: OGSW20 and mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.