SWG Temperature compensation.

In Summary - Take the salinity output with a grain of salt (haha, pun intended ;) ), get yourself a K-1766 for routine measurements and keep the salt at a level that makes the SWG happy (all green lights).

Thanks for the research, that is exactly what I have been doing. After my first year blunder i really just try to keep the swg happy and I realize it is going to jump 700-1000 ppm as the water temp increase 40 degrees, at least on my unit.

Temperature behavior of these units is rarely, if at all, discussed in the owner manuals and most PBs have no clue either. So owners are left confused by these systems.
But it is explained (in the manual) that the system will shut itself off during cold times. You will find with only that information, most customers are satisfied, and would rather not have a long drawn out reason otherwise for it. It is the 1%ers that drive you crazy. Just be thankful its not 2%.

It really is a shortcoming of the installer not educating the owner at time of installation.

Give a short lesson in logic.

Lets say that when the unit was installed, the correct amount of salt was added (for arguments sake 3200-3400).
One day the low salt light comes on. For that light to come on, the unit "feels" that the salt has dropped at least 400 to 600 points. That's a lot of water out of the pool, and if it hasn't rained, and i haven't needed to add an excessive amount of water...

Where did the salt go?
Exactly!

Logic demands that something (other than the pool actually loosing that salt) happened.

When the customer gets a low salt light i tell him 1st get a second opinion, never trust the on-board sensor. Nothing personal, just my experience. If it is in the winter time, i tell him to check again the next time he heats the spa to see it the light/code goes out.

Enough dribble.

It's relevant because it can be helpful to know if the salinity should be affected by temperature or not. The better one understands how things work, the better they can optimize overall operations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.