SWG TA/PH

Sculptera

Jun 18, 2021
White lake mi
Hello all!

Thank you all for the help so far. I was able to get my pool from a cloudy mess with leafy junk to a sparkling blue and keep it that way so far this season.
My question is, My current test just a bit ago has the following:

Taylor 2006C
FC 4.6
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 100
CH 230
CYA 30
Water temp around 78 degrees (been cool here in MI the last week)

The Ph has been stable for the last several days between 7.6-7.8. My TA is at 100, and Ive seen from the articles that with SWG's its best to have the TA on the lower side. Do you recommend acting now?
According to pool math, I could add 16 oz acid, which is what I was planning given the Ph is on the higher side. Just wanted a gut check on if I should stay ahead of this now.
Water is crystal clear and sparkling.
thank you!

Are you seeing any calcium scale flakes out of the SWCG?

I think your chemistry is just fine. No need to change a thing. The CYA is low for a SWCG pool, but if in your climate the SWCG can keep up with the FC use, all is good.

Are you seeing any calcium scale flakes out of the SWCG?

I think your chemistry is just fine. No need to change a thing. The CYA is low for a SWCG pool, but if in your climate the SWCG can keep up with the FC use, all is good.
I have not been seeing any flakes. I'm actually kind of surprised that looking through the cell window looks totally clear. Thank you very much for your advice. I won't make any adjustments for now. Actually getting to enjoy the pool for once!

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.