N Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I am prepping the water for my new system, just finished all the re-plumbing. The target is 3,500 salt level, but since I am prepping cold water right now, should I instead target for 3,000 and monitor as the weather warms up?

You get rain so starting a little high in salinity is fine as outflow from rain will dilute it over time.

Mine reads at 1800 at about 60 degrees, I just dumped in 3 bags which would add about 1500 (10k of water). If the cold water reading was low, this should now put me at the 3500 target!

I am also bringing up the stabilizer level to 60, is the cya test accurate at cold temperatures?

For salt brand, I was going with the Diamond Crystal Solar Naturals softener salt, but found HD also carries Diamond Crystal Pool Salt for not much more. Even in the cold water this stuff dissolved almost immediately.

I will finish up the wiring this weekend, then wait for mid-march when I start running the pool heater, to activate and run the new system. For now I have the bypass pipe in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.