SWG scale from Calcium Sulfate?

My water is: FC 5, T.A. 50, CYA 70, BOR 30, PH 7.6, CH 600, Salt 4400, CSI -.19
I am having trouble with my SWG scaling up in a months time this year to the point of needing to clean it. Already on my 3rd cleaning this year. I have always kept my CSI in the negitive so don't understand what is different this year from last and previous years when I would go all summer not needing to clean the cell. I have always had (8 years) lots of white flakes in the returns from the cell. I just tested the flakes and about 20% fizz off with 50% MA, the rest slowly dissolves in a 10 minutes. When I clean my cell, 25% MA for 30 minutes it never really fizzes hard, but rather the scale gets softer and I flush it out with a hose, wooden popcycle stick. My SWG is reversing polarity and seems to be working OK when its not plugged up.
I am in the process now of doing a 50% water exchange hoping to resolve, running all the 0 CH fill water through my new water softener (old one was adding CH, salt and ? to the pool) Plan to lower to CH 300 or so?
I am guessing the scale is Calcium Sulfate? is there anything I can do to make my SWG happy? Would lowering my CSI further help with Calcium Sulfate? Maybe lower CH levels lower than 300? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the info. I don't use a buffered acid or any other chemicals other than liquid chlorine and don't know of any other way Phosphates might be introduced for it to be calcium phosphate. The deposits are not sharp either, very soft and only come out of the SWG in flat flakes coming off the plates. The water is sparkling clean looking and there is only minor deposits just below the water line on the tile.

The more I thought about it, I did do a interior remodel project last winter (with the SWG removed and bypass "tube" installed). Remodeled and Dry walled a room and stucco patched a outside wall... both Gypsum and Stucco have Calcium sulfate as a main ingredient. I had a fan creating a vacuum and blowing the Drywall dust outside a patio door, which faces the pool. Maybe the SWG plate scale is dust from the drywall and stucco? Its the only thing that has changed I can think of. As I write this, it makes sense, there was quiet a bit of dust... Dang it! There is nothing I hate more than creating my own problems, I feel a cocktail coming on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.