Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I tested my water before installation, added salt, waited 10 days (no intentionally, hurricanes...), and tested again. I had 3200 ppm on the Taylor test. The SWG was reading 2900 and now reads 2800. I re-tested today REAL SLOW and my Taylor test is 3000. Should I just follow the SWG? I definitely think I need more salt in the pool, since 3200 was my target. I held back one bag of salt and plan to add that bag shortly.

Do you follow the SWG salt reading or the Taylor reading?

I tend to go with the SWG as long as it's not crazy weird (really off). If the SWG is happy, with no salt fault indications, that's fine. The SWG and K-1766 can be ~ 400 ppm off depending on the SWG calibration, time of day, etc. My SWG salt reading fluctuates throughout the day, so I try to ensure it's happy and in the acceptable range. The 1766 help give me that piece of mind as well.

All that matters is that the cell is happy. They tend to be way off and also fluctuate so it’s not very reliable. You can drive yourself mad chasing it, or end up with 5k ppm. If it’s producing chlorine, Pet it and tell it that it is a good SWG.

The Taylor test is 200 ppm steps and can vary with drop size. Back to the Depot for $20 worth of salt.

Any issue adding salt while running the SWG? I'll probably add a bag a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.