SWG recommendations needed for 45K gal IG gunite pool

div_0305

Silver Supporter
Sep 6, 2017
Northern VA
I typically use 3-4 gals of 8.25% chlorine per week to maintain my pool during very warm weather, and then less when the weather cools. The pool is only open end of April through October. I have been on the fence about an SWG due to the cost for a unit large enough to chlorinate the pool and knowing they only last 3-7 years. The convenience of automated chlorine and not heading to the store every 3 weeks for fresh chlorine is appealing of course. Looking for recommendations for a large unit or 2 smaller units if that's the best way to go.

Get a 60K rated unit. You have a VS pump so running it at low flow rates is not much electricity.

Circupool has 60K rated units that put out 3 lbs of chlorine in 24 hours. It could put 8.6 ppm of FC in your pool each day. You do not need that, so you can run the pump less or the SWCG at a lower % setting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.