SWG Recommendation

Apr 28, 2014
Pittsburgh PA
Is there a SWG that you guys recommend? Mine went bad and the company installed a new one in April and my pool has been unmanageable ever since. The company claims that the salt water generator can only put out a FCL of 1.5. I don't believe they are being honest with me, I think the SWG isn't functioning properly if at all. Is there a way to test the output of the SWG? They keep telling me I have too many phosphate and my CYA is too lower. When I test my water near of those things are true.

BC,

My personal "guess" is that 75% of all reported SWCG issues are not caused by a bad SWCG.. Most failures are related to pool chemistry, run times, and improperly sized cells.

As Ping has requested above, to advise you we need your cell info as well as your test results...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Is there a SWG that you guys recommend? Mine went bad and the company installed a new one in April and my pool has been unmanageable ever since. The company claims that the salt water generator can only put out a FCL of 1.5. I don't believe they are being honest with me, I think the SWG isn't functioning properly if at all. Is there a way to test the output of the SWG? They keep telling me I have too many phosphate and my CYA is too lower. When I test my water near of those things are true.

SWG's are usually measured in lbs of chlorine gas made in a 24 hour period. The pool size rating is assuming running the SWG 24/7 at 100% output.

It is best to have a SWG that is 2-3 times bigger than your pool. For example, if you have a 15,000 gallon SWG on your 15,000 gallon pool you may not be able to keep up with chlorine demand even when running at 100% 24/7.

How big is your pool, and what size SWG is it? If that "FCL of 1.5" is ppm of chlorine per day it is grossly undersized for your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.