SWG power usage.

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Measuring power usage for SWGs topic created from a side topic from this thread.

Pump run time/SWG output

If using a wattmeter to measure power usage of a SWG, the voltage needs to be correct for the meter to match how the SWG is wired.

The watts measured should be close to what is calculated by multiplying the dc amps x volts as shown in the diagnostic readings.

The Aquarite does not have a battery. When power is removed, there will be a short delay before the lights go out as the residual power dissipates.

James,

Intellichlors don’t give a very easy way to measure power. Do you have any suggestions on the best way to scope out the connections for a decent reading? The E/T load center has the SWCG transformer mounted in it. Would putting a clamp style current probe on one of the wires be easiest?

You can measure volts and amps ac going into the power supply or volts and amps dc going to the cell.

A clamp type meter is ok or an inline amp test is ok, too.

You want to use a good meter that can do ac or dc amps and is "true rms".

You can measure volts and amps ac going into the power supply or volts and amps dc going to the cell.

A clamp type meter is ok or an inline amp test is ok, too.

You want to use a good meter that can do ac or dc amps and is "true rms".

I have a very good Fluke multimeter that can do DC/AC, true RMS, capacitance, continuity, sample hold, HI/LOW, etc. I only wish I had kept my old handheld TEK oscilloscope :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.