SWG pool. PH keeps increasing

Latest update.
I have followed the guidelines from the forum
I lowered PH to 7.4 and this also lowered TA to 80
I added Chlorine to bring FC to 3
CYA is about 50 but my test strip is not that accurate it seems.
SWG is working and producing Chlorine.

I think the main reasons I was having problems was staying in the guidelines of the test strip. Which conflicts what TFP people say.. So im following TFP now ..

Thanks
you definitely need to follow the proven TFP ways. You need to get yourself a good test kit to start with.

Thanks,..ok I'll keep testing and learning.
Yes you are correct TA still 120 , I have added more MA and now PH 7.2
I will areate today to take PH up to 7.6 then add MA to reduce PH again. I believe have to keep doing this untill TA reduces.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new to this game.
Also what is the advised maximum MA to add to water in a day and how long after till people can safely swim.

Thanks

The more you knock it down drastically the more PH swings you'll have. Bring it down to the mid 7s and let it rise on it's own as it will due to a 120 PH. The PH will come down gradually and that's fine. Wait till it gets up to 7.8- 8 before you hit it again with MA.

Reactions: Woodsy27
Hi all little update.
Although I have not got a Talyor 2006k test kit (which believe me I'm trying to get or the LaMotta 2077). If anyone could help getting good test kit to Thailand please let me know.
So now with the limited test kits I have.
PH 7.4
TA 120
FC 3
TC 25
CYA 60 to 100 (test stripes are rubbish)
So to get CC am I right that you take TC -FC which would be 22....that seems totally wrong .
Please help as getting mad with this now...
Sometimes I wish I was in UK or USA so can get good test equipment...

I'll post a picture of the strip test

Thanks J

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.