Muscatine/IA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I am contemplating a SWG. My question for those SWG operators out there is splash out/filter backwash. Should i be concerned with increase soil salinity causing a no growth area around my pool. If not then how many years have you used SWG and experienced the "just fine lawn" around your pool from splash out backwash. I live in the country so i have no option for backwash other than putting it out on the lawn. My spool is about 37,000 gallons so the splash out/backwash is considerable as well as the end of year close. I live the the Quad City area. The big driver in this thought is the high bleach prices this year with Mendards not having any sales.

Thanks for your input,
Darin

I am in NY about the same Latitude as you. We probably use similar Rye/Fescue/KBG seed mixes. My lawn absolutely loves the salt pool water. The area around my waste pipe is the thickest and greenest grass on my acre. I’m assuming the salt is of no consequence at 3k ppm and it’s the PH in the 7-8 range that the grass likes.

This is my 8th season so it would have hurt the grass by now. Instead it’s thriving there.

Darin,

I'm in completely different area and Flora tam grass and I see no negative impact but I have read that the salt can build up in soil over time so I drain my pool through a connection to our storm drain system. I've been running salt over a year and I have neighbors that have similar systems for 5 years.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Well hopefully i don't run into problems as i have no option other than draining out to the yard or pasture.

Thanks,
darin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.