Mar 16, 2021
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello All,

I have a Hayward Salt Cell and I'm running the single speed motor for 8 hours at 75% chlorine output. I would like the FC to be ~ 5-7ppm but I notice that the FC dips down to almost 2ppm. I have done an OCLT and it passed the tests. For now I am adding Liquid Chlorine (10%) to bring it up to 7ppm. The summer temperatures here in Texas is in the 100s with long sunlight. Should I be looking to increase the pump run time and the SWG chlorine output?

I'll be adding LC to bring it up the FC to 10ppm today and will test OCLT again tomorrow morning. Outside of Algae, do you all recommend running the pump for 12 hours at 100% output?

Outside of Algae, do you all recommend running the pump for 12 hours at 100% output?
Since you are going to add liquid chlorine anyways (good plan), I would just leave the SWG in its current setting. Do the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test as you noted and report back so we can be sure what you're up against. With the exception of testing variances, the occasional anomalies of a bad/weak chemical, or an SWG failure, the FC only goes to two places - the sun or organics.

If my research is accurate, your SWG cell produces 1.74 lb of chlorine gas per day. If run 24/7 at 100%, it will raise FC by 10 in a 20000 gallon pool. You can run the math down from there, but 6 hours at 75% is only increasing FC by less than 2 ppm. That's likely not enough in the Texas sun.

I would set SWG to increase FC by 4 ppm and adjust from there. Pool Math says that's 9.25 hours at 100%.

Oh boy, now i got the dreaded "Check System, High Salt High Amps" notification. My salt is at 3200ppm. I read somewhere that high water temps could cause it to bring up that notification. I have an Aqualogic Board and I repaired the soldered joint sometime back on the back of the board. That was for a "No Cell Power" issue.

Is the High Salt High Amp a different kind of error? For now I have disabled the SWCG and will be using LC to maintain the levels.

Check out the TFP Wiki link and see if it helps. This is for the Aquarite system...

From the article...

"High Amp Shutdown with High Water Temperatures

The Aquarite has a design flaw where the high amp shutdown will happen at normal salinity when the water temperature is above about 90 degrees."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.