SWG noob here..testing???

CaptJoe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2010
Bayville, NJ
Hey kids, New liner( new water) and new SWG next month..I’ve been using the tf100 kit for years and am going to add the k1766 kit for salinity....do I continue all testing as usual, just adding the salt test to the process...and is there anything else needed for testing?? Got some salt dip strips for those lazy days .. I know the values will probably change just wondering if the digital meters are a necessity..thanks

Same routine really. Get the pool opened-up and water moving for about 30-60 minutes before grabbing a sample. Test and adjust from there. If the water is still chilly (below 60) treat as a non-salt pool for a while. But the rest is about the same. Welcome back Capt! :swim:

Use your K1766 to see what your current salinity of the pool water is. Then use PoolMath to see how much salt to add to raise your salinity to your desired level. I suggest adding a bit less than is called for and after a couple days of circulation test your salinity and add more salt, if necessary.

Just do not turn on the SWCG until the salt is well mixed and your salinity is were you want it for the operation of the SWCG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.