SWG in above ground pool

Jun 6, 2020
Knoxville, TN
The pool I have on order is only one of two that my local pool company sells that specifically says can be used with a saltwater system. It has a 2" all resin track so I trust that part, but the top seat is technically steel although it's undercoated with copper-guard and coated with plastisol on the visual portion on top which is quoted as "giving it strength and resin-like rust protection." It worries me that it's 'resin-like' instead of all resin. Do you think it's safe for a SWG or would you not take the chance?

We have salt (2200-2500ppm) added for comfort to our off-the-shelf BestWay pool (and used the same level in our SummerWaves pool for 2 yrs, it was rehomed when we got the bigger pool w/o issues!)
We do leave our pool up through winter (yes we end up with a 4000gal ice cube for a couple months), but I think it helps the longevity of the parts, since we don't take it apart/put it back together.

@Jamie Languedoc, :D You were asking if anyone felt comfortable with adding a SWG to their AGP pool. We keep our non-SWG AGP pool just under the Salt level for SWG :). Our pool isn't resin, and there are several members who operate SWG on steel frame AGP.
Most here will support going SWG route :) If our pool was slightly bigger, we would go ahead and go SWG, but the cost doesn't equal the value of our pool atm ;)

@Jamie Languedoc, :D You were asking if anyone felt comfortable with adding a SWG to their AGP pool. We keep our non-SWG AGP pool just under the Salt level for SWG :). Our pool isn't resin, and there are several members who operate SWG on steel frame AGP.
Most here will support going SWG route :) If our pool was slightly bigger, we would go ahead and go SWG, but the cost doesn't equal the value of our pool atm ;)
Ah, I got it now, thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.