SWG had power, then none

Don,

It looks to me like your pump is running off of 240 volts. So, it would make sense to run your SWCG off of the same voltage.

This means that the yellow transformer wire goes to one load pin of the Pump/Filter relay and the White goes to the other load pin.

The violet and black wires are just connected using a wire nut.

Just like the 240 Volt diagram shows.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Don,

It looks to me like your pump is running off of 240 volts. So, it would make sense to run your SWCG off of the same voltage.

This means that the yellow transformer wire goes to one load pin of the Pump/Filter relay and the White goes to the other load pin.

The violet and black wires are just connected using a wire nut.

Just like the 240 Volt diagram shows.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes, the pump is 240 but the SWCG has been running 120 all this time. Why would I necessarily want the SWCG running the same other than that's what they run by default? I'm not opposed to it just trying to understand what the benefit is

Don,

If you try to steal 120 volts from a GFCI protected 240 volt circuit breaker, it will just pop the breaker. It is just easier to use 240 volts.

If you really want to use 120, then you will have to connect the violet and white wires to the same Load pin on the pump filter relay. And connect both violet and white wires to the neutral connection on the GFCI Breaker and NOT to the neutral bus.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
New unit installed, wired 240 on the same side of the relay as the pump (and heater). Up and running, although I misjudged my salt level and it's a shade low.

Thanks for the help as always!

Reactions: Jimrahbe and Dirk
Side note - I had complained at times in the past because my system reading and manual reading of salt levels were so divergent. Reading from aquachek strip: 3320; reading from IC40: 3350. I'm pretty happy with that. :)

Reactions: VetteBlue and Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.