SWG for above ground pool

mjlinss

Gold Supporter
Jun 2, 2017
Columbia, MO
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a bit of advice. This is year I am going to make the switch over to Salt. For my setup and power availability (only 1 outlet available) I am going with the Aquatrol. I have a question though, is it possible to replace the cell with a larger size down the road, for example going with a T-Cell 9 or 15 vs. the 5 that comes with it? I don't worry about producing enough chlorine on the 5 but would just like to avoid having to replace as often while still using the same control board. Thanks in advance!

For DIY installations many TFP members have had good luck with CircuPool. Did you consider them? Their SJ and RJ units use replaceable cells so you can always upsize if needed. With a 13,000 gallon pool you should be getting a cell that can handle at least 30,000 gallons of volume as TFP always recommends 2X sizing the cell. You have a single-speed pump by your signature so you have to understand that SWG's add chlorine slowly to the pool and so you will be running your pump longer than you are used to. Many people choose to upgrade to either a 2-speed pump (where low speed is enough to close the SWG flow switch) OR a variable speed pump to get even better efficiency.

Thank you for your input. I'm still looking around at which options fit best. I have always run my pump 24/7, mainly as we are surrounded by trees and leaving it off for even a few hours will cover the bottom of the pool. SWG is this year, dual speed pump is next year. Thanks again!

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.