SWG dying?

EnWIV

Aug 20, 2018
Metairie/LA
Hi all, new to TFP.

I have a T-CELL-9 Hayward generator that has been giving me problems this summer - the salt concentration runs falsely low even after washing the cell/recalibrating. I had someone doing pool maintenance on a weekly basis, but they weren't doing a very good job and told me to just keep adding salt. Well when I got new people to do the maintenance they tested the salt level to be 5000+. I have since gotten my own AquaChek salt test strips and it says the salt concentration is 3750-4100, but the Aquarite reading keeps dropping to around 2000 and therefore stops generating chlorine. I cleaned it with muriatic acid around 1 week ago and it made no difference.

I bought this house one year ago, and have no idea how old the SWG is. The other diagnostics (voltage, amperage) seem to be within normal limits when it's generating. Do I just need to replace the cell at this point?

Measurements from today:
FC 2.8
PH 8.0
TA 130
CH 220
CYA 0

Thanks. And sorry if this has been answered before.

The 13 means made in 2013. 5 years is typical for cell life.

Check all diagnostic readings, then turn off cell and and turn back on and recheck all diagnostic readings.

Report all readings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.