SWG calibration

y'know.... I've never bothered to recalibrate my SWG cause I know how much salt is actually in there. The SWG is using electrical current to "read" a salt level but it is rarely accurate. My K-1766 is far closer to accurate (+/- 100ppm). The device can blink high or low salt all it wants but as long as it keeps making chlorine I'm good..... :sneaky:

Maddie

Reactions: mgtfp
y'know.... I've never bothered to recalibrate my SWG cause I know how much salt is actually in there. The SWG is using electrical current to "read" a salt level but it is rarely accurate. My K-1766 is far closer to accurate (+/- 100ppm). The device can blink high or low salt all it wants but as long as it keeps making chlorine I'm good..... :sneaky:

Maddie
Last week, mine read 4400, then 3400 within about an hour.

For tftestkits.net, shipping is free for orders over $100. If you order the TF-100 and the K-1766, it will take you into free shipping territory. I also recommend the Speedstir. It will make testing easier and more consistent. I just ordered a refill kit last week on the 14th and it made it to my door (in So Cal) on the 17th.

Reactions: Homefront pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Recalibration procedure.

Press the “Salinity” button and hold it until it beeps 3 times. The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds. Release the button after the 3rd beep. Press and release the “Temperature “ button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen. The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrow to increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading. When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature” button within 5 seconds to store it in memory.

Reactions: Nectarologist
Oh, and just to add .... if you become a supporting donor of TFP, you get a discount coupon for tftestkits purchase 😊

Recalibration procedure.

Press the “Salinity” button and hold it until it beeps 3 times. The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds. Release the button after the 3rd beep. Press and release the “Temperature “ button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen. The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrow to increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading. When the proper reading is reached press the “Temperature” button within 5 seconds to store it in memory.

I did it and it worked. I may do it again to fine tune the calibration however an unknown side effect was putting my system in "bo" status. I looked up the code and it said it means boost mode and will run for 24 hours run time. Is this in fact the chlorine generator running for 24 run time hours?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.