Swg calibration ?

Jun 7, 2018
Purcellville, VA
Our pool was completed in Oct. 2018. We opened last week, pool temp 88, added salt and took water to get tested today after we weren't getting any chlorine readings. (Pool opened may 1, salt added 5/4). Pool store test read salinity at 2468 while our cell read 3.1 so salt was actually too low per pool store. They said we needed to calibrate our swg. I have no idea how to do that and currently swg reading 5.4 so it's all over the place (we added 2 more bags of salt since store said we were at 2.4). We have zodiac nature2 fusion soft, 34000gal in ground plaster pool and jandy pro series filter model dev60.
Pool test read:
pH 8.2 (add 3.5 pts muriatic acid)
Stabilizer 12 (add 12 lbs stabilizer 100)
Hardness 69 ( add 47lbs balance Pak 300)
FC: .1 (add 3.5 lbs super soluble)
So we were sent home w whole bunch of chemicals etc per above and told to salt and calibrate cell as well.

Ohmy. I distrust almost all those test results. You can't measure CYA at "12" for example.

Have you looked online for the manual for the zodiac cell? Most all manuals are online these days... Google is your friend!

My advice for you is to get your own test kit (one of the two we recommend!) and start testing yourself. Your results you will see are reproducible, and more accurate. Sometimes it seems pool stores find results that cause sales to happen, y'know??
You'll need either the TF-100 or the K-2006C plus a salt water test kit. The fastest source for them is www.tftestkits.net or PoolSupplyWOrld.com
Then you run a full set and give us these results:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt level
....then we'll help guide you to clear, clean water :)

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: wireform
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.