SWG broke buy a new one or use a chlorinator?

cdib67

Bronze Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Pittsburgh/PA
On the fence about continuing with SWG. Only got 6 seasons out of it. What is the easiest and most cost effective way to do it? Only buying small amounts of bleach and salt seems cheaper than buckets of chlorine. But the new SWG is way more than the chlorinator.

started this year with bleach and liquid chlorine daily and it is difficult when you are not home all the time to monitor it with changes in weather...

looking for for some advice for someone in the Northeast...

cd,

Something is not right if you only got 6 months out of a Pentair SWCG...

Is it not still under warranty?

Tell me what the failure mode is. Why do you think it is bad?

What size cell do you have?

Do you have a standalone unit or is it part of an automation system?

Thanks,

Jim R.

What kind of SWG do you have? You usually can replace just the cell if that's the problem.

What's the problem with the swg, is the cell at life end, or did the board or controller die?

At the end of the day, you need do decide how much not having the lug jugs of chlorine is worth to you.

Jim read it as 6 months, not seasons ;)

Yes, I did read that as "months"... Sorry... The longer the better, but I will be happy if I get 6 seasons out of mine.

cd... Since a new IC40 cell only is $580 at SunPlay, that basically means you were able to chlorinate your pool for less than $100 a year.

Thanks sound pretty good to me.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.