SWG and pets

May 26, 2015
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I previously posted about using an SWG, but we came up with another important question, my dogs drink out of the chlorinated pool like crazy. I actually have to chase them away since it will be super chlorinated at times, since they don't seem to care. Anyway, does anyone with dogs still have the dogs try to drink from the SWG pool?

What about people swallowing water? Any adverse affects?

Thanks

Danny,

The salt level in a Saltwater pool is about the same as what is in your tears... It is not like the ocean... Most chlorinated pools have 1000 ppm of salt in them, and saltwater pools have about 3500 ppm..

If it was bad for dogs I don't think they will drink it... I don't see a lot of dogs drinking sea water...

I have a saltwater pool and can't even taste it unless it gets above 4000 ppm...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Danny,

The salt level in a Saltwater pool is about the same as what is in your tears... It is not like the ocean... Most chlorinated pools have 1000 ppm of salt in them, and saltwater pools have about 3500 ppm..

If it was bad for dogs I don't think they will drink it... I don't see a lot of dogs drinking sea water...

I have a saltwater pool and can't even taste it unless it gets above 4000 ppm...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks, should be better on their skin since my pooches cannot stay out of the water

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.