SWG AMPs Start High but Drop

the polarity reverses each time the unit is turned on/off with at least a minute of delay between cycles?
Yes.

Probably a bad cell.

It might be the board, but it is difficult to tell unless you can find someone to test the cell.

The cell is old and probably near the end of its life anyway.

If you want to post a picture of the front and back of the board, I can look to see if there is anything that I can see.

Reactions: xtrsports
Had a look. nothing burned, all contacts look clean. Seems like it must be the cell. Question for my general education... and I'm probably reading too much into eval steps you asked for but "guessing" that the polarity reverses each time the unit is turned on/off with at least a minute of delay between cycles?
For sw rev 1.59, yes there is a minute of delay between 180 mins cycles if set at 100%. Manual on/off/on = 10 seconds delay. In both cases, the Chlorinating LED remains lit, Amps = 0 and instant salinity = 0.
I cannot vouch for sw r1.40

I replaced the cell but have additional question. I'm not sure if it is "normal" behavior but after about 90 minutes the cell reads 30 amps and 0 going to the cell
075p
Al-0
R1.4

I'm going to hold off and check again in an hour to see if it goes on again. I had read above that polarity reverses in something like 180 minutes but wouldn't I still expect something going to the cell when it reverses?

The sw build r1.40 has a 120 minute cycle vs 180 minutes on the newer sw r1.5x. In your case the system is working just fine. Your desired % output is set to 75p and therefore the cell will chlorinate for 90 mins and then sits idle for 30 mins before the next 120 mins cycle begins. 75*120/100=90

Reactions: JamesW
The sw build r1.40 has a 120 minute cycle vs 180 minutes on the newer sw r1.5x. In your case the system is working just fine. Your desired % output is set to 75p and therefore the cell will chlorinate for 90 mins and then sits idle for 30 mins before the next 120 mins cycle begins. 75*120/100=90
TY, I went back in 45 min later and it was generating again. Thanks for the education!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.